Friday 19 June 2015

Ebru Soap - A Soap Challenge entry

This month Amy from Great cakes Soapworks decided on the Ebru technique for our challenge. This was quite difficult actually. It requires the skill of free hand drawing, something I don't have.

Ebru (1)

This was my inspiration for the soap I made but as you can see it did not turn out quite like that. I figured if I chose something really simple that did not require too much drawing I think the thing I noticed most about the differences between the two mediums is the consistency. I think doing this technique with soap is really hard as your soap is setting while you work but with the marbling ingredients they remain fluid all the time.

image

Ebru (4)

I used  a slow moving fragrance and did not put any fragrance in the colours BUT what I found was the base started to set up while I was dragging/ drawing my pattern. I think that I may have had my oils too cold but I was afraid if they were too warm they would set up faster. Decisions, decisions!

Ebru (5)

Despite the difficulties encountered it was a fun technique to try and I will definitely attempt it again. I might have to do a little more research though and see what the other contestants tried.

#Riverlea Soap

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...