Monday 26 September 2011

Make your own Silicone Mould Liner

Poor Linda thought I was much more efficient than I am and posted about using a mould liner made from Silicone, but I had not done it yet. You can see her post here.

Silicone liner1
I initially saw this tutorial from Tortoga Soaps and decided I had to make my own.


I will be using Silicone from AMT - Mould Max 30.
You will need:

Silicone part A and B
A stirring stick
A disposable container to mix in
A textured sheet of paper
A wooden "box/frame" large enough to incorporate the base and sides of your completed mould
Glue gun

Procedure:
Making the frame and pouring the silicone:
1. Lay the wooden pieces on the textured paper and glue the pieces together and onto the paper to ensure the silicone does not "escape".Make sure to use right angles to square your frame.
2. Mix your silicone as per the manufacturers instructions
3. Pour into the wooden structure and leave overnight.
4. Remove the silicone sheet and measure your mould, draw these measurements onto the silicone and cut with a craft knife.
5. Place the base of the cut silicone into your mould and all the sides and "glue" them together with silicone



Clean up is easy, just let the silicone cure and peal off! You can put the silicone pot with the extra silicone on the sides in the freezer to prevent it from curing for about 1-2 days, and use it later to join your sides.
 
Here you can see a block of soap we made using the completed liner.
Enjoy Your Liners!

Cocoa Line soap-001   DSCN0129




 www.riverleasoap.com

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I think I'll try that.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...